WM 2003 Topics
Our decisions in bold ...
(Additional agreed upon items)
3 weeks after Greg sends out disk, we'll start the 2003 draft
draw for draft order to be by inverse order of draft
The President's Cup given to multiple owners if there is a tie for most wins ... voted upon and passed
Disband the watchdog ... voted upon and passed
- Change Playoff CF Usage Chart to:
MLB CF G PLAYOFF CF GAMES
- Determine the exact number of innings a pitcher has in a SL
#17 did not pass
- add two extra, identical players to everyone's roster. or
maybe just one guy who is a pitcher and a position player.
one is a position player than hits like crap and fields like crap at
every position. the other is a pitcher who pitches like crap and fields
like crap. they would both be j-0s.
- MVP, Cy, and MOY awards balloting should be based on
regular season performance
- one game playoff host should be determined like the tie
head to head
#14 passed, with the rider "you can Hit and Run with anyone with 2 outs and a 3-2 count (because its not a SB attempt)"
- Remove the "Go ahead and try from the N basestealers"
#13 not voted upon
- Create a 4 man minor league team that includes 2 starting
pitchers and 2 position players. The sole intention for the position
players is to plug potential injury gaps. Most likely situation would be
a postion on the roster that has 2 players only and neither player is J0
The starters can be selected during the draft. The position players
are selected 1 week after the draft.
All position players in the minors would be available during the free
- if a reliever exceeds 2 IP in the first 9 innings of a
game, and he is the pitcher on the hill entering extra frames, he must
be removed. for example, if a reliever enters the game with 2 outs in
the 7th, and is still pitching with 1 out in the 9th (having pitched 1.2
to this point) when a double play ends the inning, then he cannot pitch
in the 10th. in this example, the reliever has thrown the potato 2.1
innings, and should it go to extra innings where our rules say relievers
can pitch 3 innings, this reliever would have to be removed because he
exceeded (albeit via a non rule break) 2 innings pitched in the first 9
- free agent pickups who were previously on an SL team before
the Drop-And-Add free agent process began retain the usage rules from
the beginning of the season -- they retain 150% of MLB plate
appearances, stolen base attempts, innings; 100% of games and CF games.
- free agent ballplayers can be selected in the free agent
draft by the ballclub that released them.
#9 did not pass
- not allow a starting pitcher to be removed until that
ballplayer has faced a minimum of 9 batters, unless an injury occurs
that specifies the hurler be removed from the pitcher's mound, or if
said starting pitcher has allowed at minimum 2 runs to score.
#8 passed, with the amended phrasing "starting pitcher leaves due to injury or ejection in innings #1 or #2"
- a reliever as a "long man" ... i would suggest we add a rule
that says if a starting pitcher leaves a game before 2 full innings due
to injury, the reliever that replaces the injured starter may, at the
manager's discretion, be used up to 3 innings in relief.
#7 did not pass
- amend the minimum number of relievers on a team from 4 to 5.
#6 not voted upon
- add a 28th player to the roster, to be used only as an
I think #5 did not pass, but cannot find evidence
- ignore injuries, except in the game where they actually
No evidence of a final vote ... Greg thinks, "#4 was rolled into
#3" (the chat text on the subject is at http://www.geocities.com/k_h_klein/WM2002-1.txt)
- injuries are to be based on games, not days. that is to say,
when the script says player x is injured for 3 days, in the SL, that
person shall miss his ballclub's next 3 official games.
- treat rainouts that are not official games as if they did
not happen, with the same pitchers that started the rainout starting the
following game and where injuries are the same as they were before the
rained out game began.
vote tabled on #2, now assumed by all
- due to negative consequences regarding playability, play all
pre-play type seasons with a different title than Summer League. that is
to say, if you receive a preseason ORG, you can restore that file, but
before play, go into Advanced Draft and copy the organization, using the
copied organization as the one used in the pre-play.
- GMs must draft players with at least enough games to cover
162 games at all positions and DH. during the season a GM cannot trade
players if it prevents all positions and DH from being covered in terms
of games remaining by that position for the remainder of the season.
following the fa draft, all positions and DH must be covered for the
remainder of the season as well.